Call for Side Event
Side events will be organized before and during of the 4th Africa-Wide Agricultural Extension Week 2019, to be held on 25thto 29thNovember 2019 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
Side events should be closely related to the theme and sub-themes of the 4th Africa-Wide Agricultural Extension Week. (see here).
Basic criteria for consideration
- Any accredited and registered entity interested in organising a side event during the Extension Week can submit a proposal, but each organizer cannot be involved in more than one side event.
- Priority will be given to side events involving multiple organizing partners in order to allow the participation of as many organizations as possible.
- Organizers should plan to hold their event in English/French or make their own interpretation arrangements.
- Side events must be open to all participants. Organizers of closed side events or by invitation only events aiming for an exclusive audience are kindly advised to notify AFAAS.
- Side events should incorporate or focus on concrete success stories and examples of private sector and agricultural advisory services.
- Organisers are encouraged to make the events as interactive as possible, including by allocating sufficient time for dialogue with the audience.
Responsibility of organizers
- Publicizing a side event is the responsibility of its organizers. The Secretariat will not produce fliers, distribute notices, or run other publicity efforts for side events.
- It is the responsibility of the organizers to invite their own speakers or guests.
- All costs for side events including room charges, or additional equipment and services as may be requested by the organizers shall be borne by the organizers. It is requested that payments be made no later than 72 hours before the commencement of the respective side event.
- The configuration of the rooms cannot be altered and the organizers are requested to remove all their materials after the conclusion of side events to avoid interrupting meetings of the main conference.
- Only printed materials that are directly related to the agenda can be distributed during a side event or at any other time during the Extension Week.
- Side event organizers are advised not to set up displays or put up posters on meeting room walls during a side event or at any other time during the official meeting to avoid removal and loss of their materials.
- Side events can be organized at other venues outside the venue of the AEW, but the Organising Committee should be notified
Please complete and sign the attached Side Event Request Form, providing
- a detailed description of the proposed event, including its sponsors
- thematic focus
- speakers/presenters and
- its potential contribution to the AEW theme.
Completed and signed forms should be submitted to AFAAS Secretariat until 31 August 2019, through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “4thAEW 2019 Side Event Application”.
A programme of approved side events will be posted on the AEW 2019 website by 10 September 2019.
Responsibility of organizers
All queries related to side events should be addressed to