The 4th AFAAS AEW 2019 will be held in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) back to back with the continental Agricultural and Animal Resources Fair (SARA). The context of the 4th AEW is characterized by growing efforts at national, regional and international levels to make agriculture in Africa more productive, profitable and sustainable. This transformation expected to lead to increased technical, economic and environmental performances of agricultural value chains entails a paradigm and operational shift from farming for subsistence to farming for business i.e. sustainable wealth creation. Agricultural Extension and Advisory services and Private sector amongst other actors have a key role to play for the achievement of this transformation.
Theme: “Private Sector and Agricultural Advisory Services: What Synergies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in Africa”
- Addressing new demands for AEAS, ensuring fruitful private sector – farmers synergies for post-harvest management and value addition of agricultural products;
- Professionalizing AEAS for successful rural youth and women agripreneurship;
- Strengthening Private sector and AEAS collaborations for the development of smart farming;
- Improving efficiency of social investments in rural sector through enhanced involvement of AEAS;
- Building efficient and sustainable frameworks for partnerships between Private sector and AEAS.